Pictures and Stories from our day

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Single Mommin' It up

Craig is out of town taking his students on a field trip to see the geology of the southwest. I am living it up as a single Mom for 10 days. Really only 6 days if you don't count the days the kids and I will be in Ohio recovering from our special time alone. I'm not posting to rant and complain but to say a few good things to remind myself in a couple days of the good times we've had so far, 2 days into it. We're keeping busy.

Friday we went to a Spiderman Birthday party. Spiderman even made an appearance and did some magic tricks with his spideysense. Birthday party outside in the afternoon on a 90 degree MS day, humid and gross! The party was fun! The boys consumed ~3 popsicles each and ~2 cupcakes each.
Saturday we went to a Circus Birthday party. Carnival games, popcorn, peanuts, pretzels, animal crackers, hot dogs and cupcakes. Outside party in the morning of a 90 degree humid MS day. More tolerable than the previous day. The party was super fun and both boys napped the afternoon away. Clara not so much but you can't have it all.
Today, we took a walk at 9 am, sweated are bums off and came home and filled up the pool and cooled off. To change things up a bit we went to a Vegan Potluck for dinner. I made roasted veggies and couscous. My natural instinct with anything new is to say no, and I was a little hesitant to even consider making a dish to share but it was easy and something I've made before and enjoy. I even added a little curry to the veggies. Look out world, I am stepping outside of my comfort zone. The potluck was delicious and fun to try new things. The boys didn't eat and really I came home hungry but not because we didn't like the food, but because we were running around the entire time.

A funny story about how my brain has been working, or not been working rather. At the potluck I went to check on Ollie who was playing in the playroom inside with the other kids and saw a scale by the bathroom and figured what the heck, I haven't weighed myself since I was pregnant with Clara and was forced to be weighed by the M.D.'s. I stepped on the scale and was a little shocked to see I still hadn't shed that baby weight and Clara is 6 months old. It didn't take this long with the boys. Then I realized I was holding Clara while I weighed myself!
Ha!
Of course I hadn't shed that baby weight, I still have her attached to me constantly!

So far so good in the land of single momhood. We are sticking it out for a few days so Landon can attend school for the week and then it's off to Ohio for some house searching! Keep your fingers crossed (my dream house sold last week, boohooo) we've gotta get searching before the other good ones are taken.

No comments: