Pictures and Stories from our day

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Moving on

Once again blogger has informed me that I have met my free data storage for this blog. Anyone care to tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Anyway, the chickens were safely transported to their new house tonight. Evelyn is one lucky girl to get such nice chickens. These boys have worked very hard at taming them for just this purpose. A little girl that is not so keen on the chickens at first sight.

The house is getting packed. Slowly we are getting there.

Random story :
We were walking up our back hill carrying chickens to the truck and Landon was talking about how 2 of the chickens died and we buried them. He went into detail about what he was wearing each time we buried a chicken. I don't know if he remembers correctly because I don't know what he was wearing that day so I'm just going to believe him because he has a memory like an elephant. That boy amazes me. Hopefully he'll be that type of learner to read something once and it sticks.

Ollie has no clue what is going on. Not until we start unpacking boxes will he start to grasp what is really going on in his life. For all I know he could think we're moving to Grandma and Grandpa's, Landon keeps telling him we're going to live closer to them.

Landon isn't sad about leaving anymore which makes me kind of sad. I'm glad he's excited now but feel bad for his friends he is leaving behind that are sad he's moving away. He keeps telling us he's moving back to MS when he grows up to marry Amelia. They won't live in our MS house but him and Amelia will buy a different house and have kids someday.

We close on the MS house tomorrow morning. It will officially not be ours anymore. Should I be more emotional about it? We tried to start our lives here. As Craig called it, this was our false-start in life and settling. I think it's very appropriate. Is that mean?

Monday we pack the truck and Tuesday we start our journey back North.

1 comment:

Jude and Alisha said...

I'm not sure about reaching your limit, but that doesn't sound right...

And it's not mean, your little family has it's whole life ahead of it and while you had a nice time in Starkville, you weren't meant to be here forever. Go to Ohio and look forward to the new memories you'll make.